From: Boris Fersing <kernelsensei@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage: Show list of required files without downloading anything?
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2006 20:28:27
1 2006/10/8, Jan-Hendrik Zab <xaero@×××.de>:
2 > On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 15:35:49 -0400
3 > Statux <statux@×××××××××.net> wrote:
4 >
5 > > Question: Is there a way that I can get Portage to run through the
6 > > packages/ebuilds and, instead of downloading anything from the net, just
7 > > have it show me which files were not in /usr/portage/distfiles which
8 > > will be needed?
9 > >
10 > > So if I had 8 packages which needed upgrading, which would result in (an
11 > > estimated) 6,382K of downloads, is there some way for me to have it go
12 > > through each one of those all at once, similar to --fetchonly, and have
13 > > it spit out a list of everything which it did not find on the local
14 > > system?
15 >
16 > Dunno about any script, but first step would be:
17 >
18 > emerge -uD -fp world
19 >
20 > Then just filter it, e.g. in every line cut everything after the first
21 > white space and throw the meat to wget.
22
23 Hi,
24
25 I would do something like this :
26
27 - "emerge aria2" on your box (nice wget replacement which can download
28 from more hosts/protocols at the same time).
29
30 - run this command on your mother's box :
31
32 for url in $(emerge -fpuvDN world|grep -v "These are the packages that
33 would be fetched, in order:"|grep -v "Calculating") ; do echo ; echo
34 aria2c $url ;done > packages.sh
35
36 - copy the packages.sh on your box
37
38 - run ". packages.sh" on your box. This will download all the
39 required pakages in the current directory.
40
41 regards,
42
43 Boris.
44 >
45 > Jan-Hendrik Zab
46 >
47 > --
48 > | Jan-Hendrik Zab
49 > | +49 (0)1773392888
50 > | http://www.v3ng34nce.org
51 >
52 > --
53 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
59 Quiconque me parle de Dieu en veut à ma bourse ou à ma liberté.
62 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list