From: Jan-Hendrik Zab <xaero@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage: Show list of required files without downloading anything?
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2006 20:06:20
1 On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 15:35:49 -0400
2 Statux <statux@×××××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > Question: Is there a way that I can get Portage to run through the
5 > packages/ebuilds and, instead of downloading anything from the net, just
6 > have it show me which files were not in /usr/portage/distfiles which
7 > will be needed?
8 >
9 > So if I had 8 packages which needed upgrading, which would result in (an
10 > estimated) 6,382K of downloads, is there some way for me to have it go
11 > through each one of those all at once, similar to --fetchonly, and have
12 > it spit out a list of everything which it did not find on the local
13 > system?
14
15 Dunno about any script, but first step would be:
16
17 emerge -uD -fp world
18
19 Then just filter it, e.g. in every line cut everything after the first
20 white space and throw the meat to wget.
21
22 Jan-Hendrik Zab
25 | Jan-Hendrik Zab
26 | +49 (0)1773392888