From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: upgrading from 2005 S1 to 2008.0?
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 19:31:12
1 Grant Edwards ha scritto:
2 > On 2009-03-10, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> Douglas J Hunley wrote:
4 >>> Is it possible to upgrade an existing 2005 S1 install to 2008.0? I gave it a
5 >>> quick try and ran into multiple issues. Before I expend hrs trying to make it
6 >>> work, does anyone know if it's an exercise in futility or not? Thx
7 >> If it were me, I would save the world file, /rtc and /home and
8 >> just reinstall. There are several updates that would be
9 >> pretty extensive and tedious to say it lightly. I think in
10 >> the long run, a reinstall would be much faster and easier.
11 >>
12 >> Giving a little more thought, maybe you should not even save much of
13 >> /etc either. The make.conf file may be OK but I suspect there are huge
14 >> changes to everything else too.
15 >
16 > Save the old /etc somewhere. You might not be able to use most
17 > of the files as is, but there are a lot of little pieces of
18 > information in them that you'll need. Cutting/pasting them
19 > into the new install is way easier than figuring everything out
20 > again from scratch.
23 I would also save the kernel config, for the very same reasons (It won't
24 work by itself, but it will be useful nonetheless).
25
26 m.