From: frares@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: maybe [OT]: how to make new dictionaries work on Firefox 9?
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 17:55:33
1 > Em , Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de> escreveu:
2 > > On 22/02/12 13:55, frares@×××××.com wrote:
3 > >
4 > > Hi, All
5 > >
6 > > I have had problems installing new dictionaries in Firefox since I left
7 > > the old 3.X series. Now, on FF 9.0, it is still the same.
8 > >
9 > > I am able to install a new dictionary, just can't use it. I even tried
10 > > and installed a manual and an auto dictionary switcher, and the new
11 > > dictionary does not even appear on their list of available dictionaries.
12 > >
13 > > Am I missing something?
16 > For some weird reason, Firefox as packaged by Gentoo doesn't support
17 > dictionaries. It only supports hunspell (or aspell, can't remember) which
18 > you need to install first along with dictionaries for it. After you do
19 > that, you will get a gazillion of English dictionaries that you can't
20 > disable. You'll need to live with it, since no one cares about this bug.
24 Thank you.
25
26 I'll try the aspel or hunspell dictionaries.
27
28 Best regards
29 Francisco