From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge @system
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 11:17:51
1 On Tuesday 30 Aug 2016 11:56:50 I wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 30 Aug 2016 12:06:43 Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 > > You should elaborate more and be specific on what you mean by "The
4 > > reason is an intermittent series of apparently unrelated things going
5 > > wrong."
6 >
7 > Here's one then: In KMail (yes, I know) the folder list contains an item
8 > "trash" (ugh!), but when I come to empty it it's called "Wastebin" (much
9 > better) in the drop-down menu.
10 >
11 > And another: if I move my user account away and create a new one, setting
12 > KDE plasma up from scratch (this is ~amd64), the system-settings panel has
13 > no icons and the single-click-to-open preference is ignored, even though
14 > it's the default and I already have it set anyway. Then, if I revert to
15 > the original home directory, which has followed events through the last
16 > six months, those faults disappear.
17
18 One more: I've just emerged sci-misc/boinc, and portage overwrote
19 /etc/conf.d/boinc without asking for permission. I have
20 /usr/share/applications/boincmgr-boinc.desktop in CONFIG_PROTECT; that was
21 overwritten too.
24 Rgds
25 Peter