From: codekick <codekick@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dropbox on xfce
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 18:06:49
1 On Fri, 24 May 2013 20:03:01 +0200
2 Willie WY Wong <wongwwy@××××××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 01:15:53PM -0300, Penguin Lover luis jure
5 > squawked:
6 > > and what about /etc/init.d/dropbox, should i start the service?
7 > >
8 > > i also noticed that there's a file /etc/conf.d/dropbox, i had to
9 > > add my use to DROPBOX_USERS, otherwise there where errors when i
10 > > tried to launch dropbox.
11 > >
12 > > excuse all the questions, but as you see it's not working for me
13 > > and i don' have much clue what's wrong or how to solve this problem.
14 >
15 > Some time ago I downloaded a file dropbox.py from the forums which is
16 > a python script giving commandline interface to start/stop the dropbox
17 > daemon (among other things). It was/is distributed with
18 > nautilus-dropbox, but I didn't want to install the whole gnome
19 > shebang.
20 >
21 > As a result I have not configured /etc/conf.d/dropbox and I don't use
22 > /etc/init.d/dropbox to start it either.
23 >
24 > W
27 I just added dropbox("dropbox &") to my .xinitrc file,
28 and it works well.