From: Net Warrior <netwarrior863@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: net-setup package
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 17:32:16
1 Yes, I could set up my ethernet manually :), just wondering if the
2 setup-eth0 utils was a part of a packages I missed to install, cuz after
3 loging in to the new installed system could not find it, but, is not matter
4 of death and life :)
5
6 Gentoo seems to be ( my humble opinion withing my first 24 usage hours ) a
7 very robust system, I come from a freebsd land, and so, in my need to use a
8 linux distro ( tried ubuntu, a mess ) gentoo has all I have in freebsd, the
9 portage is what I like most, the way to be up to date with ports ans system,
10 emerge does a good job, like portsnap/pkg_tools does for freebsd.
11
12 The only think I found, how can I say, weird, is the installation, the need
13 to do all the stuff by hand, just a basic install like bsd does ( 100 MB )
14 and then install the rest fro the network, would be nice, I'm too lazy to
15 do paritioning/swap/choot :)
16
17 I'll needto go deeper with the FLAGS features, still do not understand some
18 things, I have things by default by the moment, eventhough it's a powerfull
19 feature, I know that I can screw it up the howle system.
20
21 Anyway, I'm almost done, I'm still compiling my stuff, and I'm happy the way
22 it does things, great job.
23
24 Thank you for your time and support.