From: Aljosha Papsch <papsch.al@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] TUSB3410 on 3.0.6 kernel
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2011 23:59:21
1 2011/11/7 Érico Porto <ericoporto2008@×××××.com>:
2 > Yeah, seem udev is the problem.
3 > I'm reading http://hackaday.com/2009/09/18/how-to-write-udev-rules/
4 > It seems once this is done right, thing will work
5 > Thanks!
6 > (right now, it sees it as generic usb something...)
7 > Érico V. Porto
10 > On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 9:20 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
11 >>
12 >> Érico Porto wrote:
13 >>>
14 >>> so now the module is loadable through modprobe, it all makes with no
15 >>> errors.
16 >>>
17 >>> It's probably out of this topic, but shouldn't I see a ttyUSB or
18 >>> something like that in my /dev/ ?
19 >>>
20 >>> I tried using
21 >>>
22 >>> modprobe ti_usb_3410_5052 product=0451 vendor f432
23 >>>
24 >>> I just wanted to read the virtual usb serial out of a Texas launchpad
25 >>> board. This board uses the TUSB3410 chip. I'm asking about this in the texas
26 >>> forums too, just was surprised to see so many fast answers.
27 >>>
28 >>> Érico V. Porto
29 >>>
30 >>
31 >> I would think udev would create the device when it is connected or you
32 >> boot up, whichever comes first.  I have no knowledge on the device you are
33 >> using but do on the kernel part.  If you load the module, udev should then
34 >> see the device and create the file in /dev.  That's the theory anyway.  You
35 >> can use udevadm monitor to see if udev sees it as it should.  You can also
36 >> tail -f /var/log/messages to see what happens when you connect it or look in
37 >> dmesg.  One or more of those should tell you what is not working.
38 >>
39 >> Dale
40 >>
46 I'm also not familiar with your device, but some devices need to be
47 mode switched manually if they show up as something different. You can
48 use usb-modeswitch for that or some more convenient tool like sakis3g:
49 http://www.sakis3g.org/
50
51 Btw: I'll report a bug in Gentoo's Bugzilla regarding your (and mine)
52 problem. Maybe others are affected too and this option can be switched
53 off at least for genkernel users.