From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd and initramfs
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 22:44:20
1 On Thu, 22 Aug 2013 23:08:43 +0200, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
2
3 > Additionally I would really like to understand how to influence the
4 > default entry for grub2 ... letting grub2-mkconfig detect the available
5 > options is one thing ... but do I really have to count down the
6 > available kernels and edit the number?
7 >
8 > I would prefer to be able to explicitly select my default kernel by
9 > editing some file and for example choose "3.10.9" somewhere ...
10
11 /etc/grub.d/40_custom
12
13 Add you entries there, and change the number in the filename to have them
14 appear before the autogenerated entries.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 Modulation in all things.