From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Seamonkey and redbox.com
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2010 17:18:49
1 Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 11:23 AM, Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hartmut Figge wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> Dale:
7 >>>
8 >>>
9 >>>
10 >>>> Anyone using Seamonkey 2 that this site works for?
11 >>>>
12 >>>> www.redbox.com
13 >>>>
14 >>>> When I go to this page with Seamonkey, I get this error:
15 >>>>
16 >>>> XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
17 >>>> Location: http://www.redbox.com/
18 >>>> Line Number 90, Column 65:<a
19 >>>> href="http://ebm.e.redbox.com/r/regf2?n=1&aid=2082183869&a=0"
20 >>>> target="_blank">
21 >>>> ----------------------------------------------------------------^
22 >>>>
23 >>>>
24 >>> Same here with SM 2.1.
25 >>>
26 >>>
27 >>>
28 >>>> It works fine with Firefox but not Seamonkey. Is it just me or is this
29 >>>> a Seamonkey bug or something?
30 >>>>
31 >>>>
32 >>> It is a bug in the site. Spoofing helps.
33 >>>
34 >>> ----- user.js -----
35 >>> user_pref("general.useragent.extra.firefox", "NOT Firefox/3.5");
36 >>> ---------------
37 >>>
38 >>> But i don't like that and will comment it out again.
39 >>>
40 >>> Hartmut
41 >>>
42 >>>
43 >>>
44 >> Thanks. I installed user agent switcher, set it to IE and it works. At
45 >> least now I can go to the site.
46 >>
47 >> The user agent switcher I have doesn't allow me to set it for certain sites.
48 >> Is there a switcher that when I go to certain sites it can be set to
49 >> different browsers? I thought there was one but I can't find it anymore.
50 >> Did that feature die?
51 >>
52 > Looks like it is still on the to-do list for "User Agent Switcher":
53 >
54 > http://chrispederick.com/work/user-agent-switcher/to-do/
58 Yep, it is. I didn't see that. After thinking about it, I think it was
59 Konqueror that allows a per site setting. I use Konqueror as my file
60 manager but don't like it for web browsing.
61
62 Maybe one day soon. Thanks.
63
64 Dale