From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Seamonkey and redbox.com
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2010 16:35:43
1 On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 11:23 AM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hartmut Figge wrote:
3 >>
4 >> Dale:
7 >>>
8 >>> Anyone using Seamonkey 2 that this site works for?
9 >>>
10 >>> www.redbox.com
11 >>>
12 >>> When I go to this page with Seamonkey, I get this error:
13 >>>
14 >>> XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
15 >>> Location: http://www.redbox.com/
16 >>> Line Number 90, Column 65:<a
17 >>> href="http://ebm.e.redbox.com/r/regf2?n=1&aid=2082183869&a=0"
18 >>> target="_blank">
19 >>> ----------------------------------------------------------------^
20 >>>
21 >>
22 >> Same here with SM 2.1.
25 >>>
26 >>> It works fine with Firefox but not Seamonkey. Is it just me or is this
27 >>> a Seamonkey bug or something?
28 >>>
29 >>
30 >> It is a bug in the site. Spoofing helps.
31 >>
32 >> ----- user.js -----
33 >> user_pref("general.useragent.extra.firefox", "NOT Firefox/3.5");
34 >> ---------------
35 >>
36 >> But i don't like that and will comment it out again.
37 >>
38 >> Hartmut
42 > Thanks. I installed user agent switcher, set it to IE and it works. At
43 > least now I can go to the site.
44 >
45 > The user agent switcher I have doesn't allow me to set it for certain sites.
46 > Is there a switcher that when I go to certain sites it can be set to
47 > different browsers? I thought there was one but I can't find it anymore.
48 > Did that feature die?
49
50 Looks like it is still on the to-do list for "User Agent Switcher":
51
52 http://chrispederick.com/work/user-agent-switcher/to-do/