From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] external USB harddrive
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 17:53:04
1 On 04 January 2007 17:20, Richard Fish wrote:
2 > On 1/3/07, James Lockie <bjlockie@××××××.ca> wrote:
3 > > Does anyone have one of these? :-)
4 > > It mounts when I connect it but a user can't unmount it.
5 > > My USB memory stick and USB card reader work fine.
6 > > It is only the hard drive that I can't unmount as a user.
7 > > I don't have or want an /etc/fstab entry for it, I should be able to
8 > > configure KDE to handle it.
9 >
10 > So it mounts fine, but you can't unmount it? I've seen this happen,
11 > and fixed it by telling konqueror not to keep any instances
12 > pre-loaded. The problem seems to be that if you browse the drive
13 > using konqueror, it chdir()'s to the drive, and stays there, so any
14 > attempts to unmount it report "busy".
15
16 That was so once. Haven't had any such trouble lately (KDE 3.5.5). Anyway,
17 don't you think James would run into the same problem with memory sticks? He
18 explicitly states above that it only occurs with his drive.
19
20 That said, I don't know what causes this behaviour. ;-(
21
22 Uwe
25 A fast and easy generator of fractals for KDE:
26 http://www.SysEx.com.na/iwy-1.0.tar.bz2
27 Proof of concept of a TSP solver for KDE:
28 http://www.SysEx.com.na/epat-0.1.tar.bz2
29 --
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list