From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] external USB harddrive
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 15:25:46
1 On 1/3/07, James Lockie <bjlockie@××××××.ca> wrote:
2 > Does anyone have one of these? :-)
3 > It mounts when I connect it but a user can't unmount it.
4 > My USB memory stick and USB card reader work fine.
5 > It is only the hard drive that I can't unmount as a user.
6 > I don't have or want an /etc/fstab entry for it, I should be able to
7 > configure KDE to handle it.
8
9 So it mounts fine, but you can't unmount it? I've seen this happen,
10 and fixed it by telling konqueror not to keep any instances
11 pre-loaded. The problem seems to be that if you browse the drive
12 using konqueror, it chdir()'s to the drive, and stays there, so any
13 attempts to unmount it report "busy".
14
15 Konqueror->Settings->Configure Konqueror->Performance->Preloading
16
17 -Richard
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list