From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New install on x86 and login to KDE fails
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 21:01:31
1 On Thursday 25 Aug 2011 19:10:39 Michael Schreckenbauer wrote:
2 > Hi Dale,
3 >
4 > Am Donnerstag, 25. August 2011, 08:14:55 schrieb Dale:
5 > > Hi,
6 > >
7 > > I mentioned in a thread a week or so ago that I was going to install
8 > > Gentoo on another box for a friend. Anyway, I got everything done and
9 > > now I run into this problem. I found a thread on the forums but it
10 > > seems to have just fixed itself. That's not working here tho. This is
11 > > the xsessions error file for the user:
12 > > <snip>
13 >
14 > try disabling compositing via kwinrc before kde starts up
15 > Open .kde4/share/config/kwinrc, go to the [Compositing] section and change
16 > Enabled= true to Enabled=false
17
18 I wouldn't think this is necessary. My hardware (ATI) doesn't support
19 compositing with KDE and it disables it on its own. The only time that I have
20 to unset it as you suggest above is if persist in overriding it after it
21 disables it.
24 Regards,
25 Mick