From: Michael Schreckenbauer <grimlog@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New install on x86 and login to KDE fails
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 21:15:35
1 Hi,
2
3 Am Donnerstag, 25. August 2011, 22:00:29 schrieb Mick:
4 > On Thursday 25 Aug 2011 19:10:39 Michael Schreckenbauer wrote:
5 > > Hi Dale,
6 > >
7 > > Am Donnerstag, 25. August 2011, 08:14:55 schrieb Dale:
8 > > > Hi,
9 > > >
10 > > > I mentioned in a thread a week or so ago that I was going to install
11 > > > Gentoo on another box for a friend. Anyway, I got everything done
12 > > > and
13 > > > now I run into this problem. I found a thread on the forums but it
14 > > > seems to have just fixed itself. That's not working here tho. This
15 > > > is
16 > > > the xsessions error file for the user:
17 > > > <snip>
18 > >
19 > > try disabling compositing via kwinrc before kde starts up
20 > > Open .kde4/share/config/kwinrc, go to the [Compositing] section and
21 > > change Enabled= true to Enabled=false
22 >
23 > I wouldn't think this is necessary. My hardware (ATI) doesn't support
24 > compositing with KDE and it disables it on its own. The only time that I
25 > have to unset it as you suggest above is if persist in overriding it after
26 > it disables it.
27
28 I had one case (my Laptop), where the automatic detection of kde enabled
29 compositing, but it did not work. I had no chance to log in without the
30 suggested method or using safe-mode.
31 Of course, it's just a shot in the dark :)
32
33 Regards,
34 Michael