From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] ProFTPd problem with anonymous access
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 06:59:28
1 1) I thought of that, but what password does Portage give it (if any)?
2
3 If you su from root it wont ask for a password! But you'll have to make sure
4 the ftp has a real shell. It may have say /bin/false for security reasons.
5 In the short term changing it to bash is fine.
6
7 If I change it, will it affect the use of my system at all?
8 > 2) Never used strace. I was under the impression that it was a
9 > debugger, and I don't know enough about programming to be able to
10 > understand that. But looking into it now, it appears it may be used
11 > more simply to give a better idea of what's going on. I'll give it a try.
14 Its mostly unrecognisable to me, but sometimes I find useful information in
15 there, such as a failed attempt to open a file.
18 > 3) I'll have a look at http replicator, thanks.
19 >
20 > NP.