From: Jake Moe <jakesaddress@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] ProFTPd problem with anonymous access
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 03:48:40
1 On 09/09/10 11:35, Adam Carter wrote:
2 > Looking further, I found that when I try to log into the laptop
3 >
4 >> as anonymous, I get a 530-Unable to set anonymous privileges error, and
5 >> in /var/log/messages, I see: ftp: Directory /usr/portage/ is not
6 >> accessible.
9 > Have you tried su'ing to the ftp user to make sure you can still get to
10 > /usr/portage via a shell?
11 >
12 > Tried running strace against the ftpd?
13 >
14 > BTW - http replicator works well for distfiles. It might just be easier to
15 > use that.
16 >
17 > http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:BpP7JqMShS0J:www.gentoo-wiki.info/HOWTO_Download_Cache_for_LAN-Http-Replicator+http+replicator+gentoo&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au
18 >
19 1) I thought of that, but what password does Portage give it (if any)?
20 If I change it, will it affect the use of my system at all?
21 2) Never used strace. I was under the impression that it was a
22 debugger, and I don't know enough about programming to be able to
23 understand that. But looking into it now, it appears it may be used
24 more simply to give a better idea of what's going on. I'll give it a try.
25 3) I'll have a look at http replicator, thanks.
26
27 Jake Moe