From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: beegfs goes opensource!
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2016 13:45:22
1 On Sun, 28 Feb 2016 08:34:56 -0500, Tanstaafl wrote:
2
3 > >> I would be using this on a server, so, for security reasons, no
4 > >> module support.
5 > >
6 > > echo sys-fs/zfs kernel-builtin >/etc/portage/package.use
7 > >
8 > > You need to unmask the kernel-builtin USE flag.
9 >
10 > Wow...! How long has that been available?
11
12 I last used it a couple of years ago, before I switched to btrfs.
13
14 > I also recall something about being able to use the latest/greatest too,
15 > but the overlay would have to pull the sources from Oracle...?
16
17 AFAIK the sources for more recent versions of ZFS were never released.
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 Beware! The end is... <aaarrgh!>