From: Franta <sdoma@××××××××.cz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] USB issue
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 22:33:51
1 Hi,
2
3 that's me onesmore.
4
5 Again the things changed were some emerge -u world.
6
7 There are no USB disks coming up anymore. Dunno when this issue came up.
8
9 I have a digital camera which I connected to my PC. It came up
10 as /dev/sdaX and due to my USB settings as /dev/psmart.
11
12 I have an USB key, which came up as /dev/sdaX and due to my USB settings
13 as /dev/cruiser.
14
15 I did'nt use any of them for half a year or so. Last week I tried to
16 save some photos to th PC.
17
18 There are the messages about connecting the USB device
19 in /var/log/messages but no device is coming up.
20
21 I've tried the same with the USB stick - the same story.
22
23 Has something changed with coldplug/hotplug?
24
25 Well, I could save the pictures from the camera or exchange data from
26 the USB stick using Windows. Half a year ago this was possible with
27 Gentoo too. I'd prefer this possibility ;)
28
29 The only thing I've changed was some update world.
30
31 THanks for any help
32 Frank
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list