From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] chatting with the customer
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 14:30:32
1 On 23.01.2015 14:35, Jc García wrote:
2
3 > A Murmur server is fairly easy and quick to install, and you get text
4 > and audio encrypted by default, the mumble client is very user
5 > friendly also.
6 > The good old Jabber(XMPP) might be another option with empathy as
7 > client. or even easier make an IRC channel on freenode you can limit
8 > the access, and the user can simply use the web interface[1].
9 >
10 > [1] https://webchat.freenode.net/
11
12 I don't get that jabberd2 config up and running!
13
14 *sigh*
15
16 playing with that stupid and simple <id> and always getting auth errors!
17
18 I access that server via IPSEC but afaik and see from the config it
19 accepts connections from all IPs/networks per default.
22 # c2s.xml
23 <id register-enable='mu'>host.my.tld</id>
24
25 and I can correctly ping/access that FQDN from here.
26
27 *scratch*
28
29 I tried thunderbird and empathy as clients and entered sgw@×××××××.tld
30 as user ... and a new password ... do I understand that correctly ??
31
32 What about that <aci> <jid> ... oh my ...
35 hmmm