From: Ralf <ralf+gentoo@×××××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo on a Lenovo X1 Carbon (3rd gen)
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 15:25:01
1 Hi,
2
3 On 08/25/2015 03:45 PM, Jeremi Piotrowski wrote:
4 > I have a T440s and would expect the two to be quite similar from an ACPI
5 > point of view, so let's see if I can help.
6 >
7 > On Tue, 25 Aug 2015, Ralf wrote:
8 >
9 >> It doesn't come back from standby.
10 >> After closing the lid, the standby LED starts breathing, opening the lid
11 >> doesn't change anything, even pressing the power button does not wake up
12 >> the system. The only option is to reset the system by holding down the
13 >> power button.
14 > This might be a long-shot but could you check
15 >
16 > cat /proc/acpi/wakeup
17 >
18 > The lid-wakeup action can be toggled there. I also have a SLPB device in
19 > that file, which could map to the power button in some cases?
20 I compared the /proc/acpi/wakup of both kernels - they equal. So that's
21 not the problem
24 >> As a try and quick fixI copied the Arch Kernel+Modules to my Gentoo
25 >> system and it works fine, which means to me that I probably have a
26 >> misconfigured kernel. But that's not the Gentoo way, I'd like to
27 >> compile the kernel on my own.
28 > You could try diffing your config with the arch kernel config. Should be
29 > present in /boot. Then look for suspicious differences, it's not as hard
30 > as it seems, I've done it with the fedora kernel to solve problems.
31 The problem is, that Arch uses almost everything as modules. I have a
32 full-disc encrypted gentoo and I need a lot of stuff to be statically
33 compiled, as I don't want to have modules inside my initrd.
34
35 Anyway, I'll try it out.
38 >> Does anyone know what I might be missing in my kernel config?
39 > Try my config (attached), I don't know how it compares to the arch one but
40 > suspend/resume works correctly here. It may be easier to pinpoint the cause
41 > with it. You'll have to enable systemd.
42 Thanks for your config! I tried it - just made a few adjustements
43 (statically compiled dm-crypt and crypto modules). Still the same problem..
46 Ralf