From: Jeremi Piotrowski <jeremi.piotrowski@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo on a Lenovo X1 Carbon (3rd gen)
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 13:45:45
1 I have a T440s and would expect the two to be quite similar from an ACPI
2 point of view, so let's see if I can help.
3
4 On Tue, 25 Aug 2015, Ralf wrote:
5
6 > It doesn't come back from standby.
7 > After closing the lid, the standby LED starts breathing, opening the lid
8 > doesn't change anything, even pressing the power button does not wake up
9 > the system. The only option is to reset the system by holding down the
10 > power button.
11
12 This might be a long-shot but could you check
13
14 cat /proc/acpi/wakeup
15
16 The lid-wakeup action can be toggled there. I also have a SLPB device in
17 that file, which could map to the power button in some cases?
20 > As a try and quick fixI copied the Arch Kernel+Modules to my Gentoo
21 > system and it works fine, which means to me that I probably have a
22 > misconfigured kernel. But that's not the Gentoo way, I'd like to
23 > compile the kernel on my own.
24
25 You could try diffing your config with the arch kernel config. Should be
26 present in /boot. Then look for suspicious differences, it's not as hard
27 as it seems, I've done it with the fedora kernel to solve problems.
30 > Does anyone know what I might be missing in my kernel config?
31
32 Try my config (attached), I don't know how it compares to the arch one but
33 suspend/resume works correctly here. It may be easier to pinpoint the cause
34 with it. You'll have to enable systemd.

config-4.1.5-gentoo+ text/plain