From: Fernando Freire <freire14@××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo + Macbook
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 17:19:44
1 > On 18 January 2012 15:23, Fernando Freire <freire14@××.edu> wrote:
2 <snip>
3
4 > Installing grub (emerge grub), and installing it to the Boot Record
5 > (MBR) of a drive are very different things.
6 >
7 > Do you mean;
8 > grub > root (hd0,0)
9 > and NOT
10 > grub > setup(hd0)  ?
11
12 Hmm, I first installed grub from the repository and then did a
13 grub-install --no-floppy to (in my case) hd(0,3) which worked
14 perfectly fine with my 2008 MBP. Refit correctly identifies the Linux
15 partition and when it has done its thing it drops me into GRUB, and of
16 course from there into the operating system. Perhaps I'm using the
17 terminology wrong, sorry for the confusion!
18
19 <snip>
20
21 -FF-