From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't find /dev/md3 on new install
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2010 20:17:29
1 On Thursday 07 October 2010, Mike Diehl wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I'm building a new server, only this time, I'm using RAID1 for the boot,
5 > swap, and root partitions. (sda and sdb)
6 >
7 > I've gottent the install complete, but when I reboot, fsck.ext3 says that
8 > can't find /dev/md3, which is my root partition.
9 >
10 > I "borrowed" a .config file from another server where RAID1 is working, so
11 > I know I've got RAID in the kernel. I did the prescribed mknod in /dev/
12 > to create the md device nodes.
13 >
14 > I also did the mdadm --scan --verbose > /etc/mdadm.conf.
15 >
16 > What could I be missing?
17
18 mdadm changed default superblock version. No autoassembly anymore. You need an
19 initrd (grrr).