From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: old farts slum_code enforcement
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 09:00:43
1 On Monday 15 September 2014 07:21:18 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > I believe Fortran is still very much alive and well in engineering and
4 > physics - 40 years of number crunching code doesn't just go away by itself
5
6 Confirmed. (Remember Blake's Seven?) It's the main application language in a
7 multimillion-pound grid control system I was involved with 20 years ago.
8 Fortran 66, that is, not 90. Nine other languages were used too - even
9 including Pascal or something like it. Just the mainframes cost millions.
10
11 > I could go on, but you get the idea :-)
12
13 What, you? :-)
16 Regards
17 Peter