From: Roy Wright <roy@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] baselayout-2.0.0 surprises
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 08:27:32
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Thursday 17 April 2008, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
3 >>> Because you didn't read the elog messages.
4 >> it is still not ok to remove /etc/conf.d/net. That is extremly
5 >> stupid.
6 >
7 > This one caught me too, and I DID read the elog message plus the upgrade
8 > guide. /etc/conf.d/net is not mentioned anywhere. And there was nothing
9 > in conf-update either. I most certainly would have spotted it if there
10 > were.
11 >
12 > I can recreate the settings easily enough, except for the wireless keys
13 > that used to be in the old file.....
14
15 If you use dispatch-conf, check /etc/config-archive for your previous
16 version. You might get lucky...
17
18 HTH,
19 Roy