From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] baselayout-2.0.0 surprises
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 08:13:52
1 On Thursday 17 April 2008, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > > Because you didn't read the elog messages.
3 >
4 > it is still not ok to remove /etc/conf.d/net. That is extremly
5 > stupid.
6
7 This one caught me too, and I DID read the elog message plus the upgrade
8 guide. /etc/conf.d/net is not mentioned anywhere. And there was nothing
9 in conf-update either. I most certainly would have spotted it if there
10 were.
11
12 I can recreate the settings easily enough, except for the wireless keys
13 that used to be in the old file.....
14
15 So I would upgrade your "extremely stupid" opinion to something more
16 like "Ravenous Bluggbatter Beast of Traal level stupidity". Yup, it
17 really is that bad and the flood of user support questions from this is
18 going to be quite long.
21 Alan McKinnon
22 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
25 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list