From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] wlan0 config questions
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 12:13:48
1 On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 07:39:31 -0400, Walter Dnes wrote:
2
3 > Thanks. that keeps things sane. Now let's start with simple stuff
4 > first, manually connecting to an open access point at the public
5 > library. Listed below are files /etc/conf.d/net, ~/bin/wi_open, and
6 > /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf.open. Assuming that I have /etc/sudoers
7 > properly set up, is ~/bin/wi_open the correct incantation? It copies
8 > the appropriate config to /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf and then starts and
9 > connects wifi. I plan to have multiple config files, to cover different
10 > situations.
11
12 This sounds like an awful lot of work to do something that Wicd will
13 handle almost automatically.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Scrotum is a small planet near Uranus. True/False?