From: Kurt Guenther <kurtg@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gnome Sound
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 13:41:31
1 I'm not sure this is your problem, but XMMS uses OSS by default, so you
2 need to use the preferences to change it to ALSA.
3
4 --Kurt
9 Allan Spagnol Comar wrote:
10 > Hi everyone,
11 >
12 > I am experiencing a real odd thing, I configured my kernel to alsa for
13 > NVIDIA AC'97 sound card, the sound options had beeing done well since
14 > cat /proc/asound/cards returns:
15 > 0 [CK804 ]: NFORCE - NVidia CK804
16 > NVidia CK804 with ALC850 at 0xda003000, irq 11
17 >
18 > nice,
19 > XMMS plays my mp3 and ogg files, mplayer plays most part of my videos,
20 > but mplayers always says at starttup that audio device is already in
21 > use, but it plays video with audio.
22 >
23 > Until there, no real problem, but gnome enviroment sounds just don't
24 > work, if I change multimedia for alsa none of the other programs work
25 > and gnome sound events sound shuttering.
26 >
27 > What can I do to solve this issue ? anyone had a clue ?
28 >
29 > Thanks for all the support, Allan.
30 >
31 > PS. If anyone needs complementary information, just ask.
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list