From: Allan Spagnol Comar <allan.comar@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gnome Sound
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 14:28:11
1 xmms is working .... what is not working is the gnome sound events....
2 but I will check xmms.
3
4 On 5/17/06, Kurt Guenther <kurtg@××××××.com> wrote:
5 >
6 > I'm not sure this is your problem, but XMMS uses OSS by default, so you
7 > need to use the preferences to change it to ALSA.
8 >
9 > --Kurt
14 > Allan Spagnol Comar wrote:
15 > > Hi everyone,
16 > >
17 > > I am experiencing a real odd thing, I configured my kernel to alsa for
18 > > NVIDIA AC'97 sound card, the sound options had beeing done well since
19 > > cat /proc/asound/cards returns:
20 > > 0 [CK804 ]: NFORCE - NVidia CK804
21 > > NVidia CK804 with ALC850 at 0xda003000, irq 11
22 > >
23 > > nice,
24 > > XMMS plays my mp3 and ogg files, mplayer plays most part of my videos,
25 > > but mplayers always says at starttup that audio device is already in
26 > > use, but it plays video with audio.
27 > >
28 > > Until there, no real problem, but gnome enviroment sounds just don't
29 > > work, if I change multimedia for alsa none of the other programs work
30 > > and gnome sound events sound shuttering.
31 > >
32 > > What can I do to solve this issue ? anyone had a clue ?
33 > >
34 > > Thanks for all the support, Allan.
35 > >
36 > > PS. If anyone needs complementary information, just ask.
39 > --
40 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
46 An application asked:
47 "Requeires Windows 9x, NT4 or better",
48 so I´ve installed Linux
51 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list