From: Bill Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Can't figure out gcc-4.9 blocker
Date: Fri, 13 May 2016 22:43:36
1 On 14/05/16 06:35, Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > On 2016-05-13, Bill Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au> wrote:
3 >
4 >> I have not seen it mentioned, but did you run "fix_libtool_files.sh"
5 >> after changing gcc versions?
6 >
7 > You mean after I installed the binary 4.9.3 package and told
8 > gcc-config to switch from 4.6 to 4.9.3?
9 >
10 > No, I didn't.
11 >
12 > According to https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Upgrading_GCC you don't need to:
13 >
14 > Earlier installments of GCC on Gentoo required you to run a
15 > specific command called fix_libtool_files.sh. Some time ago, the
16 > execution of this command has been integrated in the package
17 > deployments itself (through the toolchain eclass) so there is no
18 > need for users to call this themselves anymore.
21 I suggest either giving it a go ... or check the logs to make sure that
22 it did run. Experience from when I have had gcc breakage is that the
23 mechanism is fragile.
24
25 BillK