From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Can't figure out gcc-4.9 blocker
Date: Fri, 13 May 2016 22:35:57
1 On 2016-05-13, Bill Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au> wrote:
2
3 > I have not seen it mentioned, but did you run "fix_libtool_files.sh"
4 > after changing gcc versions?
5
6 You mean after I installed the binary 4.9.3 package and told
7 gcc-config to switch from 4.6 to 4.9.3?
8
9 No, I didn't.
10
11 According to https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Upgrading_GCC you don't need to:
12
13 Earlier installments of GCC on Gentoo required you to run a
14 specific command called fix_libtool_files.sh. Some time ago, the
15 execution of this command has been integrated in the package
16 deployments itself (through the toolchain eclass) so there is no
17 need for users to call this themselves anymore.
20 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! If our behavior is
21 at strict, we do not need fun!
22 gmail.com