From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] new machine : (2) HDD or SSD ?
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 07:34:47
1 My regular machine has a Seagate SATA 320 GB ( 3 Gb/s 16 MB ).
2
3 Have SSDs reached the point where they are reliable & long-lasting ?
4 Should I perhaps install an SSD for some uses + an HDD for others ?
5 Is it viable to use an SSD for Portage ?
6
7 Apart from Portage + a few everyday files,
8 there isn't much churn among the stuff I have on my existing HDD (above).
9
10 I saw a recent thread on this topic, but further thoughts are welcome.
14 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
15 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
16 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca