From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] VOIP solution for dump terminals?
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 12:05:00
1 On Fri, 2006-05-26 at 17:11 +0800, Zhang Weiwu wrote:
2 > Hello. In an office we helped set up, there are a lot of X terminals for the
3 > clerks. (These X terminals are the old computers from school's lab,
4 > installed simple Gentoo Linux only to start X). Now they need VIOP, is it
5 > possible? I mean, is it possible the clerks use VOIP on X terminals, when
6 > the terminal equiped sound card, microphone but what they see on the screen
7 > is actually produced by the powerful server (which has only one sound card)?
8
9 It seems a weird way of doing it, but you could `ssh -Y` back to the
10 terminal PC and run skype (or whatever) from inside the ssh session...
11
12 maybe there is a better way though.
16 All good ideas look like bad ideas to those who are losers.
17 -- Dilbert
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list