From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] more bluetooth troubles with 5.14
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 19:21:37
1 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Sunday 02 Mar 2014 13:05:10 covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
4 >
5 > > I don't even have any /etc/bluetooth/rfcomm.conf.
6 >
7 > What do you have in your /etc/conf.d/bluetooth? This is mine:
8 > =============================
9 > # Bluetooth configuraton file
10 >
11 > # Bind rfcomm devices (allowed values are "true" and "false")
12 > RFCOMM_ENABLE=true
13 >
14 > # Config file for rfcomm
15 > RFCOMM_CONFIG="/etc/bluetooth/rfcomm.conf"
16 > =============================
17 >
18 > Also, /etc/init.d/bluetooth has a dependency on rfcomm, so it starts it first.
19 >
20 > I need rfcomm for tethering, but I don't know if it is necessary for your
21 > needs. Is your rfcomm running?
24 > > I did pair, trust and
25 > > connect with bluetoothctl. Are you using bluetooth5 -- I never had
26 > > these problems till the upgrade to 5. The device is pretty close to the
27 > > computer and it does show up on the scan from hcitool.
28 >
29 > No, my bluetooth devices are rather ancient, so I don't know if my set up
30 > would work with blutooth 5.0 and in any case I don't seem to have
31 > bluetoothctl. Which program provides it now? I can't fine bluez-utils in
32 > portage.
33
34 I think they may have changed things, in bluetooth 4, I think there was
35 a separate package, now all seems to be in bluez package. Maybe hcidump
36 is still separate.
37 If you have bluez 4, the agent is simple-agent and would not work on 5
38 -- they changed the apis.
42 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
43 How do
44 you spend it?
45
46 John Covici