From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] more bluetooth troubles with 5.14
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2014 07:04:57
1 On 03/03/14 21:21, covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> On Sunday 02 Mar 2014 13:05:10 covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> I don't even have any /etc/bluetooth/rfcomm.conf.
7 >> What do you have in your /etc/conf.d/bluetooth? This is mine:
8 >> =============================
9 >> # Bluetooth configuraton file
10 >>
11 >> # Bind rfcomm devices (allowed values are "true" and "false")
12 >> RFCOMM_ENABLE=true
13 >>
14 >> # Config file for rfcomm
15 >> RFCOMM_CONFIG="/etc/bluetooth/rfcomm.conf"
16 >> =============================
17 >>
18 >> Also, /etc/init.d/bluetooth has a dependency on rfcomm, so it starts it first.
19 >>
20 >> I need rfcomm for tethering, but I don't know if it is necessary for your
21 >> needs. Is your rfcomm running?
24 >>> I did pair, trust and
25 >>> connect with bluetoothctl. Are you using bluetooth5 -- I never had
26 >>> these problems till the upgrade to 5. The device is pretty close to the
27 >>> computer and it does show up on the scan from hcitool.
28 >> No, my bluetooth devices are rather ancient, so I don't know if my set up
29 >> would work with blutooth 5.0 and in any case I don't seem to have
30 >> bluetoothctl. Which program provides it now? I can't fine bluez-utils in
31 >> portage.
32 > I think they may have changed things, in bluetooth 4, I think there was
33 > a separate package, now all seems to be in bluez package. Maybe hcidump
34 > is still separate.
35 > If you have bluez 4, the agent is simple-agent and would not work on 5
36 > -- they changed the apis.
40 correct, bluez-utils was part of bluez 3