From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] more bluetooth troubles with 5.14
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2014 08:55:31
1 Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o> wrote:
4 > On 03/03/14 21:21, covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
5 > > Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
6 > >
7 > >> On Sunday 02 Mar 2014 13:05:10 covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
8 > >>
9 > >>> I don't even have any /etc/bluetooth/rfcomm.conf.
10 > >> What do you have in your /etc/conf.d/bluetooth? This is mine:
11 > >> =============================
12 > >> # Bluetooth configuraton file
13 > >>
14 > >> # Bind rfcomm devices (allowed values are "true" and "false")
15 > >> RFCOMM_ENABLE=true
16 > >>
17 > >> # Config file for rfcomm
18 > >> RFCOMM_CONFIG="/etc/bluetooth/rfcomm.conf"
19 > >> =============================
20 > >>
21 > >> Also, /etc/init.d/bluetooth has a dependency on rfcomm, so it starts it first.
22 > >>
23 > >> I need rfcomm for tethering, but I don't know if it is necessary for your
24 > >> needs. Is your rfcomm running?
25 > >>
26 > >>
27 > >>> I did pair, trust and
28 > >>> connect with bluetoothctl. Are you using bluetooth5 -- I never had
29 > >>> these problems till the upgrade to 5. The device is pretty close to the
30 > >>> computer and it does show up on the scan from hcitool.
31 > >> No, my bluetooth devices are rather ancient, so I don't know if my set up
32 > >> would work with blutooth 5.0 and in any case I don't seem to have
33 > >> bluetoothctl. Which program provides it now? I can't fine bluez-utils in
34 > >> portage.
35 > > I think they may have changed things, in bluetooth 4, I think there was
36 > > a separate package, now all seems to be in bluez package. Maybe hcidump
37 > > is still separate.
38 > > If you have bluez 4, the agent is simple-agent and would not work on 5
39 > > -- they changed the apis.
43 > correct, bluez-utils was part of bluez 3
44
45 Yep, I have the same conf.d/bluetooth and my rfcomm is running.
49 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
50 How do
51 you spend it?
52
53 John Covici