From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Beta test Gentoo with mdev instead of udev; version 3
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 23:17:14
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Tue, 3 Jan 2012 15:31:20 +0100, Nicolas Sebrecht wrote:
3 >
4 >> I know. It's the "I want to get the rid of initramfs" thing that looks
5 >> crazy to me.
6 > No one is saying they want to get rid of the initramfs, because they are
7 > not using one. What people object to is being forced to start using one.
11 You got that right. I have not used one since I started using Gentoo.
12 Now, I may very well have to start. I hope mdev gets to a point where
13 it works really well on desktop systems.
14
15 Dale
16
20 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!
21
22 Miss the compile output? Hint:
23 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"