From: "Marzan
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] gnome-session no longer starts after updating world
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 19:26:36
1 John,
4 I remember having the same problem before and I believe that
5 deleting the appropriate .gnome and .gnome2 directories would fix the
6 problem. I'm not sure why this happens or why this solution worked for
7 me but it did. You might lose some settings. Do not worry because the
8 .gnome and .gnome2 directories will be recreated as soon as you try to
9 run gnome.
10
11 Regards,
12
13 Richard
16 > -----Original Message-----
17 > From: John covici [mailto:covici@××××××××××.com]
18 > Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2007 3:43 AM
19 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
20 > Subject: [gentoo-user] gnome-session no longer starts after updating
21 world
22 >
23 > Hi. After upgrading my system using emerge --update --deep
24 > --with-bdeps=y world I am no longer able to use x-windows. I saw a
25 > message for one package connection refused by server, but I saw that
26 > gnome-session had ended and that no other gnome apps had hstarted.
27 > There is nothing in the /var/log/Xorg.0.log, so I have no idea how to
28 > trouble shoot this at all. I am using nvidia drivers 100.14.19 and
29 > gentoo sources of 2.6.21-r4.
30 >
31 > Any assistance would be appreciated.
32 >
33 > --
34 > Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
35 > How do
36 > you spend it?
37 >
38 > John Covici