From: John covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] gnome-session no longer starts after updating world
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 20:06:54
1 on Wednesday 12/12/2007 Marzan, Richard non Unisys(Richard.Marzan@××××××.com) wrote
2 > John,
5 > I remember having the same problem before and I believe that
6 > deleting the appropriate .gnome and .gnome2 directories would fix the
7 > problem. I'm not sure why this happens or why this solution worked for
8 > me but it did. You might lose some settings. Do not worry because the
9 > .gnome and .gnome2 directories will be recreated as soon as you try to
10 > run gnome.
11 >
12 > Regards,
13 >
14 > Richard
17 Unfortunately, no joy, I started xinit and I have in my /root
18 directory a .xinitrc which says
19 exec dbus-launch --exit-with-session gnome-session
20 but all I got was a message on the text console which said waiting for
21 the server to shut down, so we have a server problem as well,
22 apparently.
26 > > -----Original Message-----
27 > > From: John covici [mailto:covici@××××××××××.com]
28 > > Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2007 3:43 AM
29 > > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
30 > > Subject: [gentoo-user] gnome-session no longer starts after updating
31 > world
32 > >
33 > > Hi. After upgrading my system using emerge --update --deep
34 > > --with-bdeps=y world I am no longer able to use x-windows. I saw a
35 > > message for one package connection refused by server, but I saw that
36 > > gnome-session had ended and that no other gnome apps had hstarted.
37 > > There is nothing in the /var/log/Xorg.0.log, so I have no idea how to
38 > > trouble shoot this at all. I am using nvidia drivers 100.14.19 and
39 > > gentoo sources of 2.6.21-r4.
40 > >
41 > > Any assistance would be appreciated.
42 > >
43 > > --
44 > > Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
45 > > How do
46 > > you spend it?
47 > >
48 > > John Covici
49 > > covici@××××××××××.com
50 > > --
51 > > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
52 >
53 > --
54 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
57 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
58 How do
59 you spend it?
60
61 John Covici