From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Sound card is only usable by one application at a time
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 06:05:42
1 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > On 12/04/2009 03:12 AM, walt wrote:
3 >> Most people don't have any need for more than one application to use
4 >> the sound card at the same time.
5 >
6 > I was under the impression that it's quite the opposite. For example
7 > I would still like to hear my MSN messenger go *ping* when someone
8 > talks to me while I'm listening to some mp3 and/or am playing a game.
11 I ran into a similar problem a good while back where only one sound
12 would play at a time, it was annoying as heck. If I changed desktops,
13 was playing a CD or even just left a tab open with some sound thingy
14 playing, I couldn't hear anything else. I couldn't hear Kopete if
15 someone was trying to get me on messenger, couldn't hear the little bell
16 when I got a new email or anything.
17
18 To say that a person only needs to hear one sound at a time is like
19 telling someone to close one eye.
20
21 Dale
22