From: daid kahl <daidxor@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Sound card is only usable by one application at a time
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 23:09:21
1 > I ran into a similar problem a good while back where only one sound would
2 > play at a time, it was annoying as heck.  If I changed desktops, was playing
3 > a CD or even just left a tab open with some sound thingy playing, I couldn't
4 > hear anything else.  I couldn't hear Kopete if someone was trying to get me
5 > on messenger, couldn't hear the little bell when I got a new email or
6 > anything.
7
8 Oddly, since I updated my kernel the last few weeks, youtube and
9 flash-like things are whiny. At worst I have to restart firefox
10 and/or alsa. I'm pretty sure it's a simple fix, but, it's slightly
11 irritating.
14 > To say that a person only needs to hear one sound at a time is like telling
15 > someone to close one eye.
16
17 Hey man, you're display's only 2D. What do you need that second eye for anyway?
18
19 Regards,
20 daid