From: pk <peterk2@××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [ANNOUNCE] I like systemd now :)
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 12:30:15
1 On 2012-11-11 08:33, 微蔡 wrote:
2
3 > byebye haters . Comunitiy doesn't need people like you.
4
5 Ah, instead of a rational explanation of what kind of problem systemd
6 solves for me you conclude: I'm a hater?... Well, I do hate solutions
7 looking for problems to solve, especially where there are none to solve,
8 and especially being forced into using them. So, I conclude: "The
9 community doesn't need people like YOU!"
10
11 > Then find something to boost the BIOS. Yeah , UEFI goes out, and you
12 > say: BIOS is fine with me , I don't need UEFI.
13
14 I'm running UEFI here (which runs on top of BIOS) on two motherboards.
15 If you think UEFI replaces BIOS, research it[1][2]. Yes, it's intended
16 to replace BIOS sometime (most likely very far) in the future.
17
18 [1]:http://www.extremetech.com/computing/96985-demystifying-uefi-the-long-overdue-bios-replacement
19 [2]:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFI
20
21 For the record, I have bought equipment that can be made compatible with
22 coreboot, which I intend to "install" when I can find the time. coreboot
23 is a true BIOS replacement (basically it focuses on just initialising
24 the hardware and let "payloads" setup whatever services are needed).
25 Solving the "BIOS" problem permanently and with technical elegance. So
26 yes, I will replace UEFI/BIOS sometime in the future...
27
28 > You maybe paid by some Linux hate company to express like this.
29
30 Hm... maybe you're paid by some Linux hate company to destroy it from
31 within (also known as "astroturfer")? I see you have a fedora mail
32 address so why are you here on a Gentoo-list? Trying to push an
33 agenda/preach?
34
35 PS. I used to think Redhat was a really good "open source citizen" (I
36 even used their distro in the late 90'ies), and they still are in some
37 respects, but forcing, in my eyes, inferior technology onto the Linux
38 world is not ok, IMO.
39
40 Best regards
41