From: zhangweiwu@××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] what can I do besides waiting or complaining about missing kompozer?
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 13:52:08
1 Dear all
2
3 Life without Kompozer is a pain to me. Nvu has some historical bug that
4 was killed in kompozer. My daily work require wysiwyg HTML editor a lot
5 because my work involve working with web pages with a lot of tables of
6 tabular data (you can hardly work efficiently with HTML tables with raw
7 HTML editor, e.g. for the work of merging table cells).
8
9 However after years and years kompozer is still not available in Gentoo
10 Linux. I start to have difficulty working with my colleagues who use
11 Ubuntu or SuSE who already replaced nvu with kompozer. Our SVN commit
12 message start to show stupid change to CSS back and forth because
13 different formatting of CSS by two editors.
14
15 What can I do besides waiting forever for compozer to be added to the
16 portage or complaining in this list?
17
18 P. S. I am also willing to start tutorial and mange to contribute
19 ebuilds to gentoo project, e.g. for ThinkingRock, for Pentaho Report
20 (these software didn't make their way into Gentoo Portage perhaps
21 because nobody make ebuilds for them). but I really hesitate because I
22 can see in bugzilla someone did ebuilds for kompozer years ago and never
23 accepted (so does ebuilds for amaya, for gpass etc), so if I contribute
24 ebuilds: but knowing it can be not accepted for years, I lost the
25 motivation.