From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] distcc and crossdev, anyone?
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2011 15:21:57
1 On Saturday 18 December 2010 10:18:43 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2
3 > I've found there's just too much overhead with distcc, plus much of the
4 > work is still done locally. I have a couple of Atom boxes, a server and a
5 > netbook, and I've set up a chroot for each on my workstation. In the
6 > chroot I have FEATURES=buildpkg, using an NFS mounted PKGDIR available to
7 > both computers, then I emerge -k on the Atom box.
8
9 Just to confirm, and to save me having to think more deeply than I'm able pro
10 tem, does each chroot have identical make.conf and package.use to those on its
11 target? And do you nfs-mount only the PKGDIR, or the whole of /usr/portage/ ?
14 Rgds
15 Peter