From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SSH rekeying straight after authentication
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 13:49:57
1 On Thu, 23 Feb 2017 20:10:05 +0000 Mick wrote:
2 > I am trying to understand why an ssh server keeps dropping the connection when
3 > using openssh on Linux straight after a successful authentication, but it
4 > works fine with Filezilla in MSWindows.
5 [...]
6 > I am guessing all this respawning probably triggers some DDoS protection limit
7 > on the server and it disconnects the client. Have you observed anything
8 > similar and would you know why Linux fails, but MSWindows works as it should?
9
10 I use HPN for years and connect to hundreds of servers, most of
11 them are without HPN support. I have no problems so far. But HPN is
12 unofficial and it may trigger problems. Maybe this is a bug in HPN,
13 maybe a server's custom protection.
14
15 Try to report this on bugzilla for openssh maintainers.
16
17 Best regards,
18 Andrew Savchenko