From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Goodbye, Gentoo
Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 08:51:36
1 On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 15:06, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Apparently, though unproven, at 01:28 on Friday 27 May 2011, Kevin O'Gorman
3 > did opine thusly:
4 >
5 >> It looks like it's time to take Gentoo off of my main machine.  I feel a
6 >> little sad about it, or I'd just quietly go away.
7 >
8 > I know how you feel :-)
9 >
10 > I've tried to get away from Gentoo several times, and failed. The amount of
11 > work we all put into keeping things working is best described as "bat shit
12 > crazy", but we do it anyway. Maybe it's like a drug thing, we all need a daily
13 > fix or we need to prove we can still do it.
16 Shhh... don't let the Narc Task Force hear that!!
17
18 That said, I agree... control-freaks like me feel... lost... when
19 using binary-based distros.
20
21 Rgds,
22 --