From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Goodbye, Gentoo
Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 08:09:06
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 01:28 on Friday 27 May 2011, Kevin O'Gorman
2 did opine thusly:
3
4 > It looks like it's time to take Gentoo off of my main machine. I feel a
5 > little sad about it, or I'd just quietly go away.
6
7 I know how you feel :-)
8
9 I've tried to get away from Gentoo several times, and failed. The amount of
10 work we all put into keeping things working is best described as "bat shit
11 crazy", but we do it anyway. Maybe it's like a drug thing, we all need a daily
12 fix or we need to prove we can still do it.
13
14 Kevin, you were around here for ages and you certainly pulled your fair share
15 of the load. FLOSS thrives on people just like that. But if Gentoo doesn't
16 suit your needs anymore, then so be it.
17
18 Doesn't mean you won't be missed though. Best of luck for the future. [Like
19 Dale, I think you'll be back. See para 2 :-) ]
22 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com