From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem with emerge --update
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 17:41:01
1 On Tuesday 30 June 2009 17:41:35 Massimiliano Ziccardi wrote:
2 > I'm installing the split ebuild ( Very long operation.. x-/ ).
3 >
4 > Wouldn't be better to mask the kdebase monolithic ebuild, so that
5 > unexperienced gentoo
6 > linux users as I am would not spend useless hours installing it?
7
8 No. That's a bad idea. Stable users have been using monolithic ebuilds for
9 ages. You can't just take that away from them.
10
11 It's far preferable to let people like yourself suffer the consequences of not
12 reading documentation - split ebuilds have been available and documented since
13 at around 2006 IIRC
17 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com