From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Several Gentoo-Problems
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 08:39:10
1 On 1/9/07, chrissie <chrissie@×××××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > I habe to Network Interface Cards installed in my machine: one VIA-Rhine-II
3 > and one 3Com 3c59x. Now the cards get randomized at every boot, sometimes teh
4 > VIA is eth0, sometimes the 3Com. I want the 3Com to be eth0 at every time,
5 > how to fix this?
6
7 Assuming you just upgraded to udev-103, run:
8
9 # /lib/udev/write_net_rules all_interfaces
10
11 Then edit /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules to assign the
12 interface names you want if they turn up wrong.
13
14 > If i launch gnome-volume-control, i get the following message:
15 > gnome-volume-control: symbol lookup error: gnome-volume-control: undefined
16 > symbol: __gst_debug_min
17 > I already searched the web, re-emerged gstreamer, gstreamer-oss,
18 > gstreamer-alsa but still no solution.
19 >
20 > Everytime i log into Gnome, the gnome-settings-daemon crashes, and bug-buddy
21 > shows up. If i press Cancel in Bug-Buddy, gnome-settings-daemon crashes again
22 > and again. If i move the Bug-Buddy-window to Workspace 4 everything works
23 > fine and the settings are correct. Also the settings-daemon is running. This
24 > happens after i emerged the clearlooks-theme.
25
26 I don't use gnome, so I cannot say for sure, but maybe you need to do
27 a "revdep-rebuild" to rebuild anything with broken dependancies?
28
29 -Richard
30 --
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list